What is Executive Function?
Executive Function is a set of mental skills that helps us in paying attention, staying focused, remembering details, controlling impulses and managing time or work. These skills are controlled by an area of the brain called the prefrontal cortex.
Why does my child need Executive Function?
In order to learn effectively in school, your child needs to:
- pay attention and stay focused
- remember details
- stop and think before doing something
- create goals, strategize, and prioritize on how to reach their goals
- stop procrastinating
- be flexible and can think outside the box
- Monitor their own performance
All these are part of Executive Function. And well developed Executive Function is critical to perform well in school. A solid foundation in Executive Function will pave the way to success later on in life.
Your child may have problems with Executive Function if he or she…
- has difficulty paying attention
- is easily distracted
- likes to procrastinate
- often interrupts others conversations
- does not think before doing or saying something
- needs constant reminders to stay focused
- has trouble following instructions
- gets frustrated to changes in plans
- is disorganized and messy
A 52-week program to train a preschooler in Executive Function, Emotional Intelligence and Growth Mindset. The complete program to get your child ready for life.